Today, the efforts of our Champagne House were recognized as we became B Corp Certified!
We are joining a community of companies that are leading a global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy. This certification illustrates the commitment of Charles Heidsieck to improving both its social and environmental impacts on the planet, representing a crucial step in an evolution towards a positive and purpose-driven business model.
TOTAL SCORE: 91.9 points
Acquiring the certification is an extensive process involving the assessment of our House' social and environmental influence with more than 200 questions as defined by B Lab, covering governance, employees, communities, customers and the environment.
Our concrete initiatives include:
A carbon footprint reduction
- Reducing the carbon footprint by -46% per bottle by 2030.
- Joining the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- Launching a drastic energy saving programme to reduce energy use by -40% by 2025.
- Achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Continuing sustainable environmental practices in our vineyards, using no herbicides, no chemicals and no CMR products.
- Preserving and enhancing biodiversity and local species (+1000 hedges planted since 2016 and 8 beehives implemented since 2019).
- We are HVE (High Environmental Value) and VDC (Durable Viticulture in Champagne) certified.
A social impact
- Ensuring gender equity and parity for managers.
- Encouraging a wide variety of employees by focusing on inclusion.
- Hiring young talents from diverse backgrounds and supporting local and international causes such as Nos Quartiers ont des Talents.
Suppliers and partners prerequisites
- Moving 100% of suppliers to Europe by 2030.
- Supporting the VDC (Sustainable Viticulture in Champagne) conversion of all winegrower partners by 2025.
Any more question? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org